Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 1, "Cuttings" - for 30 in 30 challenge.

I am not sure what came over me, but I decided last month that I would join the legions of painters working on a 30 day challenge. I would have started July 1 (Canada Day!) but I was hanging a solo show yesterday and organising that took priority for the past week. So here is 'Day 1' (what an original title!). Hmm... let's call it "Cuttings", as that is what it is (8 x 10, oil). Apologies for the photo quality…iPhone ;-(

More on the 'show'… last year I was in a group show at the Lut Boutique here in Vancouver. Jenny and her partner have made an amazing space, not only for the fabulous clothing they sell, but they use the big walls as gallery space to show local artists. My work was well received and I was invited to have a solo show this year, and I now have 19 pieces hanging at Lut (supposed to be two dots over the 'u'), 4219 Main Street, in Vancouver. It is so gratifying to see my work up on display in a gallery space. Thank you, Jenny! The show will hang until the end of September.


No comments:

Post a Comment